January 31, 2011

{That Sapphire Ring}


As the world knows by now, Prince William gave his mother's sapphire and diamond engagement ring (that Diana continued to wear after her divorce) to Kate Middleton as an engagement gift last fall.

At the brief press conference in November officially announcing their engagement, and with their arms interlocked, William said that giving Kate that ring was "my way of making sure my mother didn't miss out on today and the excitement. It's very special to me. As Kate's very special to me now, it was right to put the two together."

I thought you'd enjoy reading an article I wrote last year for SEASON Magazine, before the royal engagement was announced, about the Mythology of the Blue Sapphire...reprinted here. Enjoy! [Click on "Season Magazine" in the Labels list below for other reprints.]

No comments:

Post a Comment